Mouka Ltd currently employs over 600 persons across its various locations. Mouka’s management comprises men and women of proven integrity and track record of corporate success. Our values of passion, integrity,innovation,performance and excellence run through everything we do. Mouka people are committed passionate and true to our cause of adding comfort to life.
With Production facilities in Lagos, Benin and Kaduna, Mouka Limited is Nigeria’s leading manufacturer of polyurethane-based products. Mouka has a leading market share in the household and industrial foam market in Nigeria and the ECOWAS sub-region. Our physical market reach is through thousands of distribution and sub-distributors and through online channels.
The Mouka name is synonymous with Quality. Mouka was the first foam company to offer a quality warranty on our mattresses and other poly-urethane products. Our ability to maintain this consistency is due to a combination of the latest technology and the determination of our people to add comfort to life, every day.
Our history is replete with many firsts and we are still counting. Mouka’s position as an innovative and eco-friendly industry leader is underscored by some of the awards and achievement shown below.
• Pioneer in phasing out CFC (carbon-flouro-carbon) material in production process in 1992
• First Foam company in Nigeria to receive ISO 9001 certification(Laboratory) in 1999
• Introduced spring mattress with ‘European Standard Bonnel spring’ on the 30thAnninversary of Mouka in 2002
• Received ISO 9001:1996 for Quality Management in 2003
• Plant established in Benin city in 2005
• Received ISO 14001 Environment in 2005 certification
• Became the first foam manufacturer to introduce Fire Retardants in 2007
• Plant established in Kaduna in 2009
Our corporate Social Responsibility
The company’s positive impact on people and the environment continue to grow. Through its corporate and institutional efforts, and using its Mouka Academy , the company is a major Positive contributor to the social and economic progress of all communities in which it operates
Mouka is majority owned by an international private equity firm ActisLLP(www.act.is). Actis acquired a majority stake from the founders, the Moukarim Family in2007, Mouka is governed by an independentBoard of Directors with several sub-committees on Business Strategy, Audit and Finance/General Purpose. The Board participates actively in Governance and this is evidenced by regular Board sub-committee meetings. Received OHSAS 18001 certification in 2011.